Monday, September 12, 2011

False Start

New Hampshire was beautiful today. Franconia Notch was breathtaking and I didn't even mind the construction for the chance to take in the views. I had a late start but was making good time and expecting to make it to my intended campsite with plenty of daylight. I was seeing milage markers to Canada so I was getting close. My milage said I was about half way for the day. Then I realized one of the thing I need for the border cross is back home, my registration. They like to know you own the vehicle you're driving across the border. I've also had the opportunity to find out that police like to see it if you ever have a traffic infringement as well...
I have a whole story about how I always keep it in my jacket but I had to exchange my jacket due to a faulty zipper so it went into my work bag but I kinda doubt that'll help my case so for now I'm eating a loaded pepper steak sandwich in Vermont, appreciating the great ride I've had so far (following a pretty great weekend I might add) and remembering it's all part of the adventure. I guess the next step is to head home for one more night in my own bed and try not to find out how important a registration is if you are pulled over.

No comments: