Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Some catching up to do:
Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday - some swimming. Watched Ben's Pumpkinman Sprint on Saturday morning. It looked fun but made me nervous about the things I still need to prepare.

Monday morning - 30 minute bike, 30 minutes running.

Tuesday morning - 20 minute run, 40 minute bike. Right knee was too sore to make it a full 3 miles running without risking damage so I switched over to the bike early. I'll keep on the bike for the rest of the week and see if I can get back to running next week. Not a lot of time before I taper. I should probably treat myself to a new pair of sneakers while I'm at it. Upping distance too quickly and worn out shoes could both be contributing to the pain I was getting. Shoes look OK but they aren't new anymore.

Wednesday morning - 60 minutes on the bike, 15 miles. Yay! And a negative split to boot, I had about a minute to catch up after 30 and I somehow pulled it off, it didn't feel like I was working any harder but I did have to bear down the last mile to make the mark.

Wednesday evening - 30 minutes on the bike, 7.3 miles. Not bad but I felt like I was working harder than that. I'm not sure how computer calculates speed and it if takes the resistance into account, to simulate using a higher gear. In any case I was almost a minute back from my intended pace, just like I was this morning so maybe that's how it goes. Maybe I should have taken a split at 15 minutes just to see. Finished up with some weights which I have neglected for a while.

Only 17 training days left! Going to stop by Peak Performance in Portland this weekend to gear up.

No comments: