Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Motorcycle Diaries part IV: The Conclusion

For those who were wondering, I did complete my trip. I got back into Raleigh yesterday, my body sore and the rest of my being tired but happy for the adventure, and better for it. I spent today collecting my thoughts, putting away my gear and generally getting back to normal life.

I will have posts for each day of my trip but it'll take a few days to get those in order. I promise I will post them before I forget all the details.

I had a lot of questions in my mind before I started. I don't have fewer questions now but I have a bit more direction. I've made decisions on a few of the questions I've been avoiding for years. As importantly I came to the conclusion that the avoidance I use so artfully isn't really practical. Bad dreams kept in the corners of memory have a way of finding light when you start cleaning.

Anyway, the more interesting parts are coming... both from the trip and otherwise.

KP

No comments: