Friday, October 02, 2009

Day Nine: Maynard, MA

October 2: Portland, ME to Maynard, MA
miles: 137
time: 2.5 hours

Slept in for a while on the Aerobed in my old room. Called Katie to make plans for lunch. First thing had to get some oil, the sight had been looking lower and lower, so I headed up to Street Cycles in Falmouth to buy a couple quarts, one for now, another for later. Came closest to dropping the bike by taking it off the center stand on some uneven pavement. Fortunately I was smart enough to stand on the side I thought it might tip and saved it. Took the boulevard in near Deering to meet Katie and Bill for lunch at a Chinese place then an episode of NCIS: LA... Chinese was good, new NCIS not so much. I called it NCIS meets Saved By The Bell. Weird. Finally took the last leg back home. Even had time to wash my bike before the rain came in.

Now the unpacking starts.

Fin.

No comments: