Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Fresh Start...

I'm going to try to do a better job of keeping my blog updated with my day to day happenings. There are some big changes for my in the works- leaving people I have known for years and seen me through a lot. I'm hoping my blog will make it easier for them to see me off, at least to know I'm getting by. I'll also be meeting new people and starting a new stage so there should be plenty to write about.

For those who don't know I'll be moving from Raleigh, where I have lived for 7 years now, up to Massachusetts to take a job with IBM in a different area.

Paying for my lunch at the cafeteria today, the lady who checks me out every day said she was sad to hear I was leaving. I guess word is getting around. I'm sure she doesn't know my name and I didn't think she took much notice of me but I guess it goes to show sometimes you don't realize the effect you have on the world.

My intention had been to disappear mostly unnoticed. Go home Friday and show up Monday at a new place without missing a beat. I figured most people wouldn't even notice I was gone. I think I've done things like that before and people ended up a little hurt I didn't take the time to say goodbye. I'm going to try to do a better job at saying goodbye this time so people know how important they have been to me.

Also I could use a hand moving my junk :-p

No comments: