Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Motorcycle Diaries: Day 1

July 12: Raleigh, North Carolina to Cape Henlopen State Park, Lewes, Deleware


miles: 338
time: 8 hours, 15 minutes

I left Raleigh at about 8:15. Weather was good heading out, not too hot because it was still early. I took a long stop at the Chesapeake Bay Bridge/Tunnel to get a BLT and some fries and take a few pics. Made camp at Cape Henlopen State Park. Hiked around the park for a few hours taking pictures and such.

Items of note:
First time a dog has chased me on my bike. I twisted on the gas and he missed me.
Found myself on a dirt/gravel road in North Carolina when I missed a turn and GPS tried to get me back on track.
Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel was pretty cool, worth the $12 this time.
At the campground I saw a lady walking a parrot; the lady was walking, not the parrot. The thing was huge.
Forgot to bring a spoon, will have to improvise.

Time to eat... dinner is Sante Fe Pasta by Mary Jane's Farm.

No comments: